Welcome to the Observation Blog

This is The Observation Blog. It is the window on the internet into the world of me, Jimmi Cottam. From the bizarre and strange to the true and delightful, here lies stuff that goes on around me. And this is my chance to get my opinion out there because anyone can write a blog and put it up on the internet. You could say this is what I do when I get bored but in some ways...wait, yeah. It is. But seriously, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and have a goosey...I'm not stopping you from seeing the broad spectrum of what an "ordinary" person sees and goes through day in and day out. Have fun and enjoy!

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Rowan and Jimmi: Chippy Adventure

"The first adventure; an epic quest to buy some chips from the Chip Shop"

I thought it was time to release the weird and wonderful world of Rowan and Jimmi onto the Observation Blog but somewhat highly unfortunate YouTube and it's copyright laws or something wanted them taken off their site. What a swizzle! However, they're not going to stop me posting my brilliant posts. What I will do is link you directly to the *sleek and smart website that is blaktornado.com This is Rowan's playground. On it features his own videos, music, animation and of course Rowan and Jimmi. He has been mentioned a few times in some of my posts and now is your chance to see his face. I'm going to release a different adventure every month! It'll be something to look forward to until the end of the year. And, I'm going to add some production notes and trivia because I want to do my own version of IMDB. But not goofs because it's hard to know where they start and end...

* - Flattery gets you nowhere, kids!

Click here for part one of Chippy Adventure
Click here for part two of Chippy Adventure
Click here for part three of Chippy Adventure

Production Notes

  • I had no idea what was going to happen. I originally thought it was going to be another one of Rowan's Vlog that wouldn't have been as long as this. 
  • Rowan says the word 'brilliant' 16 times.
  • The 'David...David...David Beckham' sequence is inspired by psychic mediums on a ghost hunt. We were in a haunted wood after all!
  • The "...and here we see" sequence is inspired by David Attenborough. 
  • The return bus ticket is dated 20 Dec 2007 - 07:59am and is ticket number 2510
  • Rowan say's that it's Christmas a number of times throughout. It was filmed on the 21st of December which is Christmas, so he is correct. And it also meant it was bloody cold!
  • Rowan did all of his own stunts. 
  • This is very heavily inspired by The Blair Witch Project. In fact, some people also say that that due to the success of the Rowan and Jimmi series, it lead to the creation of Paranormal Activity!
  • The sound of something metal hitting something else was actually me knocking off the street sign. I did my own vandalism. 
  • I thought the end credits worked rather well with the Gremlins theme.
  • We never actually see some chips. In fact, I don't recall buying chips!
The next adventure in the series is In The City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put some words from your mind into mine...