Welcome to the Observation Blog

This is The Observation Blog. It is the window on the internet into the world of me, Jimmi Cottam. From the bizarre and strange to the true and delightful, here lies stuff that goes on around me. And this is my chance to get my opinion out there because anyone can write a blog and put it up on the internet. You could say this is what I do when I get bored but in some ways...wait, yeah. It is. But seriously, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and have a goosey...I'm not stopping you from seeing the broad spectrum of what an "ordinary" person sees and goes through day in and day out. Have fun and enjoy!

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Driving - Advancing the 'advanced' metaphor? Nope? Okay then...

By this lesson, lesson 6, things are starting to ease out a lot more. It's all becoming the same thing as last week but without the decency to becoming monotomous. This drive was just a simple recap of what I've basically done with more of what I did last week - The turning in the road. Simple stuff. Nothing out of the blue. Reversing out of a parking space was probably the most adventurous thing. Oh and the S word. I stalled whilst trying to turn but that's no biggy, everyone does it! And if they don't, then they should to make me feel better. Even so, this feels more disappointing than not learning the new skill I was expecting.
Another thing I noticed in this lesson isn't really a something that can be taught. It happens naturally and that's courtesy. After the first 20 minutes behind the wheel I got overtaken by some fool in a jumped up Saxo for them to get stopped by the lights. He was in the wrong (or she - I didn't the driver) for overtaking me as we all know that the L plates on the front and rear mean OVERTAKE ME FOR GOD'S SAKE! But once he had gone it's like a beam of light appeared and everyone else found enlightenment. Everyone started to have more courtesy and I was getting waved on and thanks and waited for. It's a good feeling. And of course my attitude is like thiers. I wait and wave them thanks. Everyone's a happy chappy and that makes better roads. And it makes me a better driver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put some words from your mind into mine...