Welcome to the Observation Blog

This is The Observation Blog. It is the window on the internet into the world of me, Jimmi Cottam. From the bizarre and strange to the true and delightful, here lies stuff that goes on around me. And this is my chance to get my opinion out there because anyone can write a blog and put it up on the internet. You could say this is what I do when I get bored but in some ways...wait, yeah. It is. But seriously, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and have a goosey...I'm not stopping you from seeing the broad spectrum of what an "ordinary" person sees and goes through day in and day out. Have fun and enjoy!

Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Goodbye 2010! And hello 2011. Hope you all had a great past 12 months. And if you haven't read last year's roundup, I suggest you do so. It's good. So what of this blog? What's going to be new? Well, for a start, I'm quite proud at the 50 odd posts that I've managed to post this year and hopefully next year, there will be more of the same. And more. Admittedly, the majority of last years posts were from my driving experiences. That was a good 18 articles. And since I passed my test it means there's a big chunk gone already so these won't be present next year, unless something goes horribly wrong. So here's a few ideas of what we could be expecting for Twenny-leven on The Observation Blog

More on Travel - I love to travel around. It's easy to write about different places that aren't home. I tried to do this with one of my very first posts and that was about it. Nothing else was really done with it. I'll like to go to a place, see what's what and then write about it in my backwards quirky fashion. And I won't be writing about every other thing, just big trips.

Reviews - I could do reviews. Reviews on everything from movies, music, television programmes, websites. The list could be endless!

More lists - I had to think about this...do I really need more lists? Yes, yes I do! Because lists are simple, they get down to the point and eliminate any long typing sessions. So, yes, more lists!

More Tales - When I wrote the Bible story back in September, it gave me an idea. It just goes to show I can write fiction. Who knows? But on a more solid side of things, linking heavily with the Travel idea, I could make a picture story, visually showing the trip!

Videos - Probably. Depends if I can be bothered.

More on The Funny Side of Music - Because laughing at bad music is good. I wanna carry on with the 'Happy and Delightful World of Wormrot' style of writing.

The Funny Side of Television and Film - Because laughing at bad television is also good

More Advert Watching - Another thing to rip to shreds! Woohoo!

Generally, I would like to go back to the older way I started writing; big columns on stuff. I like doing this sort of writing. And since it's my playground to write my thoughts, I don't see what is stopping me! And of course, like with 2010's roundup, 2011 will have one too. This next one will be constantly fuelled whereas with last years, I started in August time and filled in the blanks (I didn't have one long typing session y'see). Now we start in January and end with December, so really, I'm not going to complete it until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put some words from your mind into mine...