Welcome to the Observation Blog

This is The Observation Blog. It is the window on the internet into the world of me, Jimmi Cottam. From the bizarre and strange to the true and delightful, here lies stuff that goes on around me. And this is my chance to get my opinion out there because anyone can write a blog and put it up on the internet. You could say this is what I do when I get bored but in some ways...wait, yeah. It is. But seriously, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and have a goosey...I'm not stopping you from seeing the broad spectrum of what an "ordinary" person sees and goes through day in and day out. Have fun and enjoy!

Friday 22 April 2011

Jesus vs Zombies - Part Three: Doctors Orders

Jesus and Arah looked on at the bus and saw the bus driver standing at the door way. The driver just stood there but his guise had changed some-what. He walked with the swagger of man who had just downed 10 pints of industrial strength lager and his flesh was hanging off his frame like burgers from the burger van outside B&Q, draped over a tailors mannequin.


Arah looked at Jesus in horror.
"Well," he said "I've got a train to catch now and I really want to get comfortable before I hit peak rush hour and have to stand up," and he ran away.
"Nnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh" said the bus driver, thoughtfully. Jesus said nothing and briskly jogged to his office, trying to put this incident to the back of his mind. He got to the reception. 
"I've just seen the most weirdest thing," Jesus told his secretary. 
"What?" asked Stephanie.
"The bus driver. He was dead. He died at the wheel so I brought him back to life. He drove the bus here without saying a word. I thought I did the trick but I've just seen him now and he looks like he's come down with a bad skin rash and rickets..." Jesus panicked.
"Wait, you managed to revive a DEAD bus driver and still get here on time? With the SAME driver? And the majority of my buses are never on time? This is the problem with society today and it gets on peoples nerves. People like myself," interrupted the secretary. "So yes, it is weird. Well, if he's okay and hasn't said anything, then I suppose no news is good news." Jesus went up to his office, hoping that his receptionist was correct. 

Being a relatively quiet day, Jesus decided to seek an answer from God about the situation.
"You did what?" boomed the voice.
"I brought a man back to life. I thought I was doing good," Jesus said. The voice replied:
"You've got a lot to learn about this sacred malarky. You can't just bring people back to life at the drop of a hat. I know I gave you the option to do that but I didn't know you knew how to do it," the voice mentioned. "I got a message from St Peter telling me the driver's soul had already passed on. I knew no one would be hurt because I knew you were on board and would help any casualties. The point is, you basically reanimated the corpse. And the problem is, there is nothing controlling the body. It may be the person in form but not the person in mind. I suggest you go see Dr Ahban. He knows about this stuff. He's been studying it for a while."
Jesus was bemused. "I know stuff."
"Yes, but you're not a Doctor" said the voice. "Go now. He'll understand. Tell him I sent you." Jesus said nothing and went to see Dr Ahban about this problem. 

After meeting with him and shaking his hand, Jesus told him what had happened.
"What you are describing there, my Lord," explained Dr Ahban adjusting his glasses "this reanimation and re-perambulation of a corpse - is what is widly known to people around the world as a zombie"
"A wha..." Jesus said, choking on his words and disbelief.
"A zombie. The rising undead. I have a chart" said the Doctor, pulling out his brainstormed ideas.


"Here are some key features of zombies" he continued. Jesus was horrified at what he saw. Some of the words matched the criteria of the bus driver but it wasn't his main concern.
"The bus driver bit man on the bus on the neck. Does that mean...?" Dr Ahban nodded.
"Yes," he said. "Unfortunately, he is now a zombie too." Jesus was taken aback in awe and surprise.
"This is worse than I thought" he added. Then Jesus noticed the phrase in the corner - bash to the head, zombie is dead. This got him thinking.
He asked "you mean to say there's a way of stopping them?"
Dr Ahban replied "yes. A solid whack on the head or a way of stopping the brain from interacting with the rest of the body should stop any zombie dead, but it is not advisable. Remember; if you get attacked, you will become one and there is no way of reversing it." Jesus stood firm and took a deep breath. He was figuring something out...
"Right. This is my responsibility. I made this problem, I'm going to have to solve it. What I'll do is find the bus driver and Achish, the man he attacked and stop them from making this problem a whole lot worse. They may have gone to Heaven now but I don't want anymore people to be meeting St. Peter today. It's my duty... Thank you for your help, Doctor." Jesus said his goodbyes and Doctor Ahban wished him good luck. But unbeknown to Jesus, a surprise was waiting for him outside the door.


Jesus was too late and quickly shut the door behind him.
"This is going to take a lot more people than expected," he said, breathing heavily at the shock. The Doctor sneaked Jesus out the back way where, luckily, none of the undead were. Jesus jumped over the fence and ran as fast as his legs could take him, occasionally looking back. Then he notice one of the zombies notice him.
"Nnnnnneeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr" moaned the zombie and the rest of them looked up and saw Jesus running. Then it clicked...The zombies chased after Jesus at a jaunty pace but he could easily outrun them and he knew where he was going. Running down alleyways and bolting through streets he finally burst through the door of Disciple HQ.
"Gentlemen" Jesus said, catching his breath. "We've got a job to do..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put some words from your mind into mine...