Welcome to the Observation Blog

This is The Observation Blog. It is the window on the internet into the world of me, Jimmi Cottam. From the bizarre and strange to the true and delightful, here lies stuff that goes on around me. And this is my chance to get my opinion out there because anyone can write a blog and put it up on the internet. You could say this is what I do when I get bored but in some ways...wait, yeah. It is. But seriously, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and have a goosey...I'm not stopping you from seeing the broad spectrum of what an "ordinary" person sees and goes through day in and day out. Have fun and enjoy!

Friday 15 April 2011

Jesus vs Zombies - Part Two: Romans and Realisations

"Oh no...surely it can't be...!?"
Jesus was right to question.
"Romans!"
Jesus got out of his chair, ran out of the office and into the path of an army of rampaging Centurions which is where he stood, still and silent in front of them. The army stopped in their tracks, almost confused at the fact that a man would stand up to the scary might of the most powerful army the world has ever seen.
"Who goes there!?" shouted one Roman.
"It is I. Son of God, Lord to the people. Jesus of Nazareth. You are terrorising my people. You are not worthy of this place. Be gone." he sincerely voiced to the Roman. The Roman stepped forward, not knowing what he was about to get himself into. He walked right up to Jesus.
"What was that?" he threatened. Jesus just looked down his nose at him.
"I said, be gone" warned the Lord. The Roman took another step forward.
"No." he remarked.
"Very well" Jesus retaliated. "You leave me with no choice" and he stepped away from the Roman and turned his back on the army, who were now even more confused. Jesus then turned around in a beam of brilliant, bright light to the sound of an Angels choir. The wind picked up and blew sand all over the place. The soldiers were covering their faces, protecting their eyes from the sand.
Jesus boomed, "My father gave you free will to do as you chose but this really takes the biscuit. You may believe what you want to believe but one slip up, especially in my presence, you'll be sentenced to an eternity of pain and suffering." The wind picked up even more, turning into vortices's that surrounded Jesus. The Romans were petrified. Some of them dropped their swords and shields and turned back as quickly as they arrived. The rest soon followed, too scared to even look back.
"You have been warned!" the Lord told. The choir and the wind died down and the street fell silent again.
"Lord, that was amazing. I didn't know you could do that" said Hashabniah.
Jesus chuckled "Well, you would think that Hashabniah. I didn't. I said it myself, they can believe what they want to believe. Just goes to show that there's a bit of my word in them Romans. They merely did it themselves. They believed it." Jesus left him with that thought and walked back to the office.
"I think I'm going to call it a day Stephanie. I'm bushed after that confrontation. It's hard summoning angels on a good day. If you could lock up for me that would be ever so good" Jesus told his secretary.
"You're the boss" she replied. Jesus then set for home...He walked today rather than his more conventional way. It was a nice day so he thought he'd make the most of it.

"I'm home mother" he said, walking through the door.
"You're home early" Mary said.
"I know I had a run in with some Ro...ermm, awkward people. I soon turned them away. They won't be back for a while" said Jesus.
Mary butted in.
"Have you been messing about with them Romans again? Look. I've told you, you can't go converting people like that. It's not morally correct."
Jesus tried to explain.
"But, I'm not. They did it themselves. Besides, you're telling me that if you had the power, you wouldn't flaunt it?" he asked.
"Powers or no powers, you shouldn't do it. Now, if you had a secret alias and a cape then yes, probably. But because people need to know who you are, I think it's best left out of the equation" added Mary. Jesus was getting ideas. "You mean like a vigilante?" he thought...


"It could be argued that I have powers of in the realms of 'super' classification. And, I am a man. Yes, that's it. From now on I shall be known as Man that is Super!" he laughed ironically. Mary didn't like this.
"Son, stop being so delusional! You can't do that. Besides, Bruce Wayne has beaten you to it."
Jesus had to correct her. "Mum, I think you'll find that's Batman."
"Whatever, the point is I don't want you getting into trouble. I don't care if you are the son of the man upstairs or not, when you're living under my roof, you live by my rules." Jesus looked up and thought to himself "I'm not related to Mr Jenkins in the flat above, am I?"


Jesus went to his room to carry on his carpentry on his chair and thought about what his mother had said as well as the busy day he had encountered.

The next day came. Jesus woke up and looked at his clock. "7 o'clock on a Friday...weekend last day, it's the weekend tomorrow." So he got out of bed and freshened himself up with a quick shower. He browsed through his cereal choice and opted for Choc n Roll today, his favourite. He looked out the window. The clouds were looming in over Nazareth.
"It's the bus for me today" he thought to himself, picking up his briefcase. Jesus got to the bus stop and he bumped into his friend Arah the Traveller.
"Jesus C...how's it going?" asked Arah.
"Hi, Arah, how are you today?" Jesus replied. "Not too bad, I was thinking about walking to work this morning but these grey clouds are very daunting. It looks like a storm is brewing. And then I thought, if I can't walk, what would you do? So I decided to take the bus" Arah explained. Jesus told him about what happened the day before and how he averted the crisis, "It was out of the blue, y'know." The bus soon arrived and the two friends got on board. The bus was relatively empty, apart from a typical number of old codgers. Not that this phased the friends. They, like any of the other cool kids, took the back seat. The driver however looked a bit worse for ware. He looked very frail and ill but despite this, wanted to carry on with his journey. The bus was soon on it's way down the road...

That was until the bus came to an absolute dead stop. The bus driver was unconscious. Jesus looked at his watch and said "quarter to seven. I need to be at the office at 8. Let's see what's up..." So he went to the bus driver to find out what was wrong. The driver was slumped over the steering wheel, cold and knocked out flat. Jesus checked his pulse. Nothing. Jesus looked glum.
"Poor chap" Jesus thought. Arah came over.
"You know you've got a reputation for being a miracle maker?" he asked.
"It's something that I don't want promote, I'm just doing my job at the end of the day. It's more of an occupation," Jesus added.
"Well, you've got healing hands. Why not try and revive this man. You'll get to work and this man could enjoy a few more years living. What do you say?" Arah went on. Jesus was unsure. He had never done anything like this before. He has helped people but never like this.
"I'll see what I can do" he said and he put his healing hands on the mans head. Light shone out of his fingertips. The bus began to shake violently but Jesus kept his strain. Then it stopped as quickly as it started.
Arah asked "has it worked?" Jesus genuinely didn't know and so didn't answer. A fellow passenger, a man, had lost his patience.
"Right that's it. I'm really agitated now. I'm late for work and I demand to know what's going on." The bus driver stood up and groaned.
"Gaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrr"
"Calm down Achish, we've got this under control." Jesus lied, not knowing what to do at the fact the dead driver just stood up.
"No you haven't! I demand to know what's happening!" The bus driver slowly pointed at Achish! "Oi, get this bus moving now, you useless old man. I don't want to be late for work" Achish demanded. He was going red in the face and was very frustrated now.


The bus driver groaned again and sat back down and carried on the journey.
"Well it worked" said Arah.
"We'll wait until we reach our destination until we see if the bus driver is okay. He looks fine-ish" Jesus said.

The bus reached it's stop.
"I'm getting my money back from this trip. It has been the worst customer service ever" said Achish "I wasn't satisfied with my journey." Jesus, Arah and the rest of the travelers gave Achish room to confront the driver and so got off.
"Okay, but don't do anything too daft. I still need to make sure he's okay," Jesus called. That's when it all kicked off. There was a lot noise and then a scream from Achish who came running out of the bus clutching his bloodied neck.
"He bit me. The silly old man bit me!" Achish shouted as he ran away in terror.
"Wait, come back" Jesus shouted. Then there was a thud and he and Arah looked on at the bus and saw the bus driver standing at the door way...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Put some words from your mind into mine...